It’s that wonderful time of year again – time to think about my Summer Vacation with my Family. I’ve noticed that the Caribbean and Mexico have become magnets for families! Parents, including myself, have discovered impressive All-Inclusive packages that consist of everything we could possibly want for an amazing Family Vacation. There’s a plethora of waterfront resorts with extravagant pools, family activities, kids clubs, and evening entertainment. This is a no brainer. Especially, compared to the alternatives it’s easier in every way! First of all – it’s a tropical vacation, second – it’s one stop shopping, third – it’s All-Inclusive pricing. I could go on and on! Plus there are numerous resorts that have Kids Play, Stay and Eat Free specials! As I do my research for which resort to choose, it’s refreshing to see so much variety for an enhanced for family vacation.
Things to captivate my clan include:
- Fully-supervised kid’s programs and clubs for children ages 3 – 12. Kids Clubs means kids! No grownups allowed.
- There are also movies on the beach, ‘camp-out’ adventures, arts and crafts, games, swimming, talent shows and so much more.
- There’s even Water-Parks! Several hotels feature a wave pools, lazy rivers, children’s swimming pools and of course the ever popular winding pool that connects all the pools together!
- I can’t wait to enjoy the beautiful white sandy beaches with my family! We can comb for exotic shells, build sand castles and do so much more in the tropical sun.
- If my husband and I need a night out, no problem! Most resorts offer babysitting services. I just have to ask the concierge and they will be able to put me in contact with a qualified, English-speaking babysitter. (*Rates and availability vary by hotel.)
Single parents have great options, too! The traditional family unit has changed and resorts are also reaching out to single parents by offering special rates based on one adult in the room.
Still looking for helpful hints about traveling with your family? From passport questions, to traveling with a lap child, or determining the best vacation for your family – we’ve got the answers right here!