Iberostar Hotels & Resorts is part of Apple Vacations SuperSale. I stayed at Iberostar Cancun last summer and I wrote a blog on the resort highlights and why it is a great choice for families, check it out here.
I have a few more reviews of the resort I want to share, starting with why it is great for groups! Iberostar Cancun is perfect for a group getaway – if it is a family reunion, couples retreat, girls’ getaway or “man-cation” you are looking for, Iberostar Cancun is a great choice. This is why:
- Getting there – The resort is not a far drive from the airport – about 15 minutes. So if you are all coming in on the same flight – great, but if there are different flights you can easily make your way to the resort on your own.
- The resort is right in Cancun, and there is plenty to do in the resort. But if you want to venture out, there is shopping, restaurants and night-life just moments away. The bus is a very inexpensive option to get to the shopping markets and you can get it right in front of the hotel.
- There are just over 400 rooms, but it is a high rise so your rooms can be requested in the same section of the resort. It is not a mega – resort where you may not see your friends after you check in. Unless, of course, you don’t want to! 😉 The resort is manageable for a group to stick together.
- There is a lot to do right in the resort that will make any group happy from shows, to golf to the pool to the spa.
- The pool is huge with plenty of space for chairs and sunbeds for a group. Our last trip, we never had a problem finding seats together. We didn’t get up at 7 a.m. either.
- The resort is great for sports enthusiasts. Iberostar Cancun is the only resort in the area that has an 18-hole championship golf course. They also have a FIFA regulated soccer field if you have a soccer club. Beach volleyball, pool volleyball, water polo, ping pong and tennis are all available for your group to enjoy. There is a sports bar as well, so you don’t have to miss any of the big games, while you are away.
- Iberostar Cancun has many dining locations that can accommodate a group. The main buffet restaurant is Antigüo Laguito. They have in-door air conditioned seating, as well as outdoor seating which can be arranged for groups. With the buffet, there is sure to be selections to make any group happy. My personal favorite, when on a group vacation, is going to a Hibachi restaurant, where they cook at your table. Naga Hibachi Japanese Restaurant was a fun dinner and part of the highlights of our group vacation.
The resort is a really very nice resort, but it is also very affordable in general, but especially for a group vacation. Apple Vacations offers two great options for booking groups. Click here for more details.
And make sure your group considers Iberostar Cancun for your next Apple Vacation.