Here are 10 Healthy Travel Tips from Apple Vacations own April Wickey.
10 Healthy Travel Tips
- Have a light breakfast before you leave for the airport, and carry a water bottle to fill up while you wait. You can’t bring food and drink past security.
- Bring sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and reapply often! Bring a travel size sunscreen, big sunglasses and bathing suit in your carry-on in case your room isn’t ready when you arrive.
- Take an early morning walk or run on the beach, or hit the fitness center before breakfast. That way, you’re burning stored fat instead of readily available carbs.
- Join in on the activities by the pool and beach. Water aerobics, volleyball,yoga…you’ll have so much fun, it won’t even feel like a workout!
- With tropical fruit, veggies and fresh seafood readily available, you can fill up on the tasty and healthy stuff before you’re tempted by heavy meats and fat-packed entrees on the buffet.
- Those fancy tropical drinks are packed with sugar, and even though you don’t taste the alcohol, don’t be fooled! Drink plenty of water and limit alcoholic beverages, especially the kind made in a blender.
- Don’t have dinner too late, as you won’t be able to burn off those calories as readily. After dinner, hit the disco for more fun and aerobic activity.
- Limit dessert to a cup of decaf cappuccino and a bite of dark chocolate. You’ll thank yourself later and won’t have trouble zipping your jeans.
- Get pampered at the spa with a relaxing massage, facial or seaweed wrap for your skin. Stress is the #1 cause of illness.
- If you over-indulge, it’s OK. After all, you’re on vacation! Just don’t over-do it at every meal.
Here’s whats included:
- Round-trip Non-stop flights from Chicago O’Hare and Dallas Ft Worth or direct flights from Minneapolis to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- All-Inclusive hotel accommodations at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
- $200 Resort Coupons per room included (restrictions apply)
- All meals, snacks, unlimited drinks, non-motorized watersports and more
- FREE non-stop transfers to and from hotel
- Sunset welcome cocktail party June 8, 2013 and farewell dinner party June 14, 2013
- Daily fitness activities including Zumba Fitness classes with licensed Zumba instructors
HURRY, book by April 30, 2013!!!