Written by Courtney Bradley, AVDW Specialist
Being newly engaged and planning the perfect wedding may be a dream come true for most brides. It’s easy to get lost in the cake tasting and table arrangements, stressed over what the groomsmen, bridesmaids, even you are going to wear.
And while you take a time out, think about the people in your life who are helping to make your fairy tale a reality. From bridesmaids to guests and everyone in between, we’ll layout how you could be the coolest bride in town, while still getting everything you want on your special day.
1. Give Guests Plenty of Time to Plan & Prepare: When it comes to destination weddings, the more time you give your guests to plan, the better. Whether it’s saving up vacation days, finding a sitter for the kids or setting aside money; giving guests ample time to plan and save will most likely allow more people to come and share in your special day.
2. Choose a budget friendly resort: While you and your fiancé may want to stay at an adult only, five star resort, it would be wise to consider your guests. It’s important to find a resort that offers great service, food, and spectacular views for a reasonable price. Talk to one of the Apple Vacations Destination Wedding Specialists or your favorite travel agent to help find the perfect resort for you!
3. Understand that Not Everyone Can Come: While having a destination wedding is a fantastic way to celebrate your union, it can be quite an expense for your guests. So if there are some on your list who won’t be able to attend the big day, plan on throwing a send-off party or casual reception at home once you return. This is a great way to include everyone in your wedding festivities!
4. Plan an Excursion: Chances are some of your guests have not had the opportunity to meet each other. Plan an excursion within the first few days of your trip to break the ice with friends and family and kick off the vacation! Possible exciting excursions include; a catamaran ride, snorkeling, zip-lining, swimming with the dolphins, etc. The possibilities are endless and it will be a trip your guests will never forget!
5. Sit Back, Relax, and enjoy your Vacation: Remember this isn’t just your wedding day-it’s a chance for some well-deserved R&R! Once you arrive at the resort confirm your itinerary with your on-site wedding coordinator so you won’t feel stressed on your big day. Once all details are confirmed, grab a pool chair and a pina colada and enjoy the sun with your loved ones!
If you want more information on a destination wedding, contact your favorite travel agent or click here!