The school year is winding down and like many parents out there, I am in denial that I need to line up sitters, start camp sign-ups, and look into pool memberships to keep my family happy this summer.
But the one thing I am REALLY looking forward to is planning is my summer family vacation.
With so many resorts to choose from in Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica and The Caribbean, I love taking the time to research them and look at the pictures of the rooms, the pools, the kids’ club and especially the beach. I love the beach. I show difference beaches to my family and we make the decision together. I love knowing that we will have a week dedicated to family time where we can relax and unwind.
There will be no alarm to set, no beds to make and no cooking to be done! It’s truly a vacation for EVERYONE in the family.
Here are 5 recommendations when selecting an Apple Vacation for your family this summer:
- Upgrade Your Room: Look for upgraded room categories. Don’t always just stop at the “least expensive” or entry level category. There may only be a small difference to upgrade to a larger room, junior suite or a room with a view. This extra space and view will make your trip all that more enjoyable.
- Preferred Perks Plus: Reserve seat assignments and upgrade to Preferred Perks Plus when available. Preferred Perks plus offers preferred seating in the front of the plane, snack or snack-box, preferred check–in, and quicker access to security where TSA has it available. This is all extremely helpful to families travelling with children and starts your vacation off on the right foot.
- Options for Kids: Research the kids’ club ages/restrictions at the resort you are selecting. Make sure your child fits the criteria before you get there so there is no disappointment upon arrival.
- Party of 5! There are many resorts that are family of 5 friendly. If you are a family of 5, look for those resorts and you can save by booking one family of 5 room
- Book an Excursion! Make sure you do something unique to the area. When I take my family to Mexico we do something unique each time. It may be going in to the fishing village of Puerto Morelos for lunch or taking an excursion down to the Mayan Ruins. It always gives my son exciting content for his “what did you do this summer” back to school project.
If you need help deciding the Apple Vacation your family will go on this summer click here for our Family Site. Or call your travel agent.
For inspiration check out our Summer Fun For Everyone TV ad, here.
And don’t forget to tag @AppleVacations on Instagram with your summer family Apple Vacations’ pictures or tweet us @AppleVacations! We would love to see you enjoying your Family Vacation!