Many families are in the process of booking their summer getaways and are deciding where to go. Over the next few weeks we will feature some of our favorite family vacation resorts, to help you make your decision.
One of my favorite resorts my family visits over and over is Now Jade Riviera Cancun (if you read the blog often, you may already know this). My family loves Mexico for the white sandy beaches, turquoise blue waters, history, culture and charm. I am a creature of habit and we tend to go back to Mexico often.
As I write this, I’m dreaming of sitting under a palapa with my toes in the sand.
Here are my top 5 reasons why Now Jade Riviera Cancun makes a great family vacation (which you can’t necessarily find in a brochure or on a website):
- Welcome Home: The moment you walk in Now Jade Riviera Cancun, they greet you with “welcome home”. If you have been there before or not, it really does feel like home. The staff are some of the best resort staff ever. The entertainment crew goes out of the way to take care of families, remember children’s names and include them in all activities. The dining staff is the best and the bar staff never leaves you waiting.
- The Rooms: The rooms are perfect size for families. All rooms are junior suites with a sleeping area and a separate sitting area. It’s nice to have extra space when travelling with the family. If you have little ones request a room by the pool to make trips back to the room easier!
- No Schedule: At Now Jade Riviera Cancun you don’t have to make dining reservations. So we can dine at our leisure. If we want to stay at the pool longer, take an excursion, nap on the beach until the sun goes down or have the kids take a nap, you don’t have to be back in time for dinner reservations. Now Jade has no towel cards, no dining reservations and no wristbands. So not only don’t I need to be on a schedule, I also don’t need to worry about losing anything.
- Restaurants & Dining: There are so many options for dining here that please the entire family. My two favorite restaurants at Now Jade Riviera Cancun are Castaways and Spice. Castaways is located next to the main pool. It is a great place to get the family out of the sun for an hour and have a casual nice meal. The fish tacos are some of the best I’ve ever had! Spice is a great option for families. They cook for you at the teppanyaki table which is a lot of fun. The tables hold large parties, so you are usually seated with other resort guests and it is a nice way to meet other people. We always do this early in the stay. The Coco Café is also a great addition to Now Jade Riviera Cancun. They serve pastries and beverages in the morning and snacks, sandwiches and beverages in the afternoon. It’s a great place to pick up a small meal on the run and this area of the resort is nice to sit and relax or read a book. You’ll probably see many people sitting outside Coco Café with their coffee in the morning.
- The Kids Club: Although we are nearing the age of no longer needing a kids club, I do have to say that this is one of our favorites. It’s centrally located, great staff and my son always gave it 2 thumbs up. If it’s a for a few hours during the day to get out of the sun, or at night so the adults can enjoy dinner alone, it is a great experience.
With a 30 minute transfer from the airport, you also can’t beat the ease of getting to Now Jade Riviera Cancun once you land in Cancun. Here are some of the pictures I took at Now Jade Riviera Cancun during my last visit: