As owner of Fit Bodies Inc., which places fitness, yoga and sports professionals as guest instructors at luxury resort properties throughout Mexico & the Caribbean, fitness pro Suzelle Snowden has toured hundreds of resorts. We asked her for her favorite places for a good workout, and here’s what she had to say:
- The spin studio at Secrets the Vine Cancun has floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the pools and the sea. It’s the perfect view to fuel you through your workout.
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa has a great gym and indoor studio for spin and fitness classes, but the real standout here is the outdoor yoga classes held in the wedding gazebo.
- Negril’s Couples Swept Away has an amazing 10 acre sports & fitness complex that includes lit tennis courts, two squash courts, two racquetball courts, a fully equipped gym, 25-meter lap pool, aerobics, yoga, an outdoor jogging track, steam rooms, saunas, Jacuzzi and a basketball court. Fit Bodies Inc. sends two professional instructors there each week – one for yoga and one for fitness.
- Head out to the pier at Secrets Silversands Riveria Cancun for yoga classes. But you have to get there early – classes at this dreamy location fill up quickly!
- With a well-stocked gym, Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa would be a great choice for any fitness fanatic, but what makes this resort stand out is the early morning powerwalk through Cinnamon Hill Golf Course to the famous Rose Hall Great House at the top of the hill.
- While Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica has a beautiful spa and fitness center, the pro tip here is that every single member of the resort’s entertainment team is a professional dancer – guaranteed to get that heart rate pumping during poolside dance lessons or water aerobics!