Atlantis is not just a hotel, but an entire vacation destination! It’s larger than life! As dramatically fanciful as it is magnificent in scope and concept, the legendary Atlantis, Paradise Island offers a resort experience of mythical proportions.
Here are my Tips for what to do and see while staying at Atlantis, Paradise Island:
- You can explore the lost ruins of The Dig, a journey into the world of the ancient Atlanteans, complete with an elaborate maze of corridors through underground ruins teeming with a stunning civilization of sea creatures.
- Or experience the world’s largest marine habitat, second only to Mother Nature, with over 50,000 sea animals spread throughout 11 exhibit lagoons.
- Then wander the amazing 63 acre waterscape, where you can climb a 6-story Mayan Temple, only to come splashing back down on a choice of five thrilling water slides.
- Or immerse yourself in Aquaventure, a thrilling water attraction, featuring four exhilarating waterslides and a one mile rapid river experience.
- There are 20 swimming areas to enjoy, drift down the lazy river ride, or investigate the secrets of the 7-acre snorkeling lagoon.
- Discover endless action in the entertainment complex, featuring a 50,000 sq. ft. casino, innovatively designed with brilliant glass sculptures and panoramic windows overlooking the waterscape and marina.
- And for kids, there’s Atlantis Kid’s Club providing children ages 3-12 a fun way to discover the mysteries of Atlantis while making new friends.
Combine all this with a full service spa, a sports center, marina, haute couture shopping and a vast array of restaurants and lounges and you’ll soon discover why Atlantis is not just a hotel, but an entire vacation destination!
Interested in going? Here are my quick reviews of the separate sections of the Atlantis Resort:
- Atlantis Paradise Island –This is the original section of the Atlantis resort. This section contains the Royal Towers with 1200 rooms and the “bridge suite” that connects the two towers. Overall, there are 21 restaurants, 19 bars and lounges, 20 swimming areas consisting of pools, lagoons and water park areas. Six lit tennis courts, a fitness center with yoga and Pilates, a kids club, a teen’s club and the largest casino in the Caribbean.
- Atlantis Beach Tower – Each room has either 1 king bed or two double beds. All rooms have full balconies. This is The Atlantis’s most economical section and, it is the only tower that is directly on the beach.
- The Cove Atlantis – 600 suites, and all of them are ocean view. All suites have a separate step – down sitting area. The cove is very upscale, modern and chic. They have pool side cabanas with concierge service available for an additional fee.
- The Reef Atlantis – 495 units, many of these units are privately owned and the Atlantis rents them out. Each unit has a kitchen area. The Reef and The Cove are the newest sections of The Atlantis and they are not connected however, they are next to each other.
- Harborside Resort Atlantis – This is primarily a time share property however, rooms are available to book. There are 7 buildings with a total of 392 rooms. There are rooms that will sleep up to 10 people. All buildings have elevators. There are over 30 handicap accessible rooms and a handicap accessible shuttle to the Atlantis main towers. This resort is on the harbor side of the island, not the ocean side.